(Formerly known as It's Emerson)

Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Letter to four-year-old Emerson

Dear Emerson,
You have been four for over a month now and it is really fun to see how you have grown.

You have always been fun to talk to, but now even more so. You have a very interesting mind and I enjoy hearing you tell stories or ask questions.

We have been swimming in the pool a lot lately and you have been especially interested in jumping into the water. You continually launch yourself off the side of the pool (from the designated jumping spot down by the 'deep' end) announcing if the jump will be a cannonball or a jack-knife or one of your many new creations like the pencil or the gingerbread man. I really enjoy swimming with you and making up new games. I'm looking forward to swimming together a lot over the coming summer.

You have also become very interested in golf, perhaps because you now have a few 'real' golf clubs that you can take to the range with Dad for practice. You certainly seem to have the focus for it. It was amazing to watch you play the golf simulator at Dick's (killing time while Dad got some supplies for his trip to Italy) where you carefully set up each ball and hit it at the big 'screen.' You had some good ones!

As I write this, I find myself listing all so many things you are interested in and I am aware of how much fun it is for me to be exploring all of these games, ideas, activities, skills and imaginary worlds with you. You are seeing the world through older eyes and your observations and interpretations of what you see can be refreshing and sometimes quite staggering.

I love you so much, dear Emerson. I am a very, very lucky mom to have you as my son.

Love,
Mom (the Bomb)


No comments:

Post a Comment